At the Lovely Law Firm, our legal team is made up of experienced injury lawyers, paralegals, and support staff members who are dedicated to helping the victims of truck accidents in and around Florence, South Carolina. We know how devastating trucking accidents can be and the extensive losses victims can suffer when they are injured because of the negligent actions of others.
The Lovely Law Firm has fought for the rights of commercial vehicle accident victims since 2009. Our largest settlement ever, $4.25 million, involved an 18 wheeler vs. a sedan. We are dedicated to our clients and strive to recover the greatest possible recovery amounts to compensate them for all of the losses they have suffered. Our client advocacy and willingness to put in the necessary time and hard work has paid off. We have successfully recovered substantial damages for our clients and have established a strong record of success on their behalf.
Our results have led to significant recognition within the legal community and among our clients. Amy Lawrence has been named to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers for the state of South Carolina. Justin M. Lovely is regularly invited to speak at conferences about how to build a successful law practice and has received a perfect 10/10 rating from his clients on Avvo. When you hire a lawyer at The Lovely Law Firm, you can anticipate that we will always treat you with respect and understanding. We aggressively advocate for our clients to help them to recover fair compensation for their losses while also holding negligent parties accountable.
What the Lovely Law Firm can do for you
How we approach our clients’ cases helps to differentiate The Lovely Law Firm from other legal practices. When we are retained, you can expect that we will immediately begin working on your case. We build every case as if we will take it to trial. While we are able to successfully resolve the vast majority of our clients’ cases through settlements, putting in hard work from the start helps us to maximize the compensation we recover for our clients.
A trucking crash will normally require an extensive investigation. These types of claims tend to be complex and can include several contributing causes and liable parties. To help us determine liability, we regularly work with investigators and experts to understand exactly what happened in a wreck involving large trucks. By engaging in an in-depth investigation, we are better equipped to present strong cases clearly showing the liability of the various defendants. Our front-end work allows us to resolve most cases through fair settlements that fully compensate our clients. However, if an insurance company refuses to offer a fair amount in settlement, we are fully prepared to litigate for our clients through jury trials to secure favorable verdicts.
We believe in the importance of ongoing communication with our clients. If you ever have questions, we will make ourselves available to answer them. We use advanced technology to ensure that we communicate with every client according to their preferences by text, email, or telephone.
While the circumstances of your trucking wreck will dictate the amount of compensation available to you, the following types of damages might be recoverable in your claim:
- Past medical expenses related to your injuries
- The cost of future medical care you will likely need
- Income losses you have suffered
- Your future expected income losses
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses in wrongful death claims
- The victim’s financial contributions that he or she would have made to his or her family over his or her life if he or she had lived in wrongful death cases
- The lost value of a victim’s household services in wrongful death cases
- Lost rights to an inheritance in wrongful death lawsuits
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological or mental trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduction in your ability to enjoy life
- Loss of guidance or consortium, if applicable
- Punitive damages, if applicable
When you initially meet with your lawyer, you will be asked detailed questions about your wreck. We can also meet via Zoom or come to the hospital after your trucking crash. This allows us to assess your claim and provide you with an evaluation of its strengths and weaknesses. If we are retained, we will do everything possible to recover the damages to which you should be entitled.
What types of trucks are involved in accidents?
There are a broad variety of commercial trucks that can cause accidents. Some of the common types of large trucks that can be involved in accidents include the following:
- Tractor-trailers – Also known as 18-wheelers or semi-trucks, tractor-trailers consist of a truck tractor and one or more attached trailers used to haul goods.
- Dump trucks – Dump trucks have open-topped trailers that tilt and are used to haul construction debris, coal, and other similar items.
- Garbage trucks – Garbage trucks are used to pick up and transport trash and include rear, side, front, or automatic loaders.
- Cement mixers – Cement mixers are trucks with revolving drums that mix sand, gravel, water, and other components to mix cement or concrete.
- Tow trucks – Tow trucks include lifts and harnesses to tow disabled or impounded vehicles.
- Tanker trucks – Tanker trucks have large cylindrical trailers that are used to transport gases or liquids.
- Box trucks – Box trucks are trucks that have box-shaped trailers and are used to haul various goods.
- Delivery trucks – Delivery trucks are used to transport goods for delivery or to move household goods to new locations.
- Logging trucks – Logging trucks have long beds to haul logs. The timber industry is alive and well in South Carolina and unfortunately, the high number of log trucks also results in more wrecks involving these types of commercial trucks.
- Flatbed trucks – Flatbed trucks have long, open beds to haul a variety of different secured items.
- Heavy haulers – Heavy haulers are very large trucks used to transport oversized loads and require special operating permits and escorts.
- Grapplers – Grapplers are trucks that have attached grapple loaders used to load and transport heavy items.
- Bucket trucks – Bucket trucks have attached buckets and are commonly used by tree-trimming companies and utility companies to raise workers to work at heights.
A Florence truck crash can be caused by any of these types of trucks. Trucking accidents often cause severe injuries or deaths because of the disparities in their weights and sizes relative to passenger vehicles. Operating these vehicles requires special training and licenses because they are more difficult to maneuver. The trucking industry is heavily regulated because of the risks that commercial trucks pose to other drivers.
Common types of trucking accidents
At The Lovely Law Firm, our trucking accident attorneys have handled many different types of accidents caused by large trucks, including the following:
- Underride accidents
- Jackknife collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on accidents
Why do trucking accidents happen?
Most trucking accidents are preventable and result from the negligent actions of one or multiple parties. Some of the factors that can contribute to trucking collisions include the following:
- Careless driving
- Defective parts
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Faulty brakes
- Faulty tires
- Improper loading/load securement
- Inadequate repairs
- Inadequate training
- Poorly maintained roads
- Running stoplights or stop signs
- Texting while driving
In some collisions, a combination of contributing factors and multiple parties might be to blame.
Where are trucking accidents most common in Florence?
Trucking accidents are much more common on rural roads, but they can occur anywhere. Some of the most common places where a trucking collision can happen include the following:
- U.S. Route 76
- S.C. Hwy. 51
- U.S. Route 52
- Interstate 95
Common types of injuries in trucking collisions
Trucking accidents frequently cause catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Some of the common injuries in trucking collisions that our attorneys see include the following:
- Broken bones
- Head, neck, and facial injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations
- Thoracic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
In many trucking collisions, the victims will suffer a combination of injuries or will be killed.
Why you should hire The Lovely Law Firm
A trucking collision is rarely straightforward. Even if you think that the driver was clearly at fault, insurance companies and trucking carriers aggressively litigate against negligence claims. When you are a victim of this type of crash, you will need to retain an experienced attorney who can even the playing field between you and the defense lawyers hired by the defendants. At The Lovely Law Firm, we understand the complexities involved with most commercial vehicle accidents and can help you to build the strongest possible case. Call us today to request a free consultation to learn more about your rights.
What our Happy Clients Have to Say on Google:
“I’m just happy I choose the The Lovely Law Firm to assist me with my case. They’ve been a great help throughout my accident recovery. Yaritza is a keen listener and also my attorney Sara. I recommend this place for business.”