Victim Extricated From Vehicle After Collision With 18-Wheeler
A collision between an 18-wheeler and a sedan Friday morning resulted in an individual being extricated from the vehicle. The accident, which occurred around 8:00 a.m. in Florence, left the driver of the sedan trapped in the vehicle. The victim was extricated with the Jaws of Life and transported to a nearby hospital. There are no further updates on the condition of the victim at this time. South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating the accident to determine the cause of the collision.
Personal Injury Lawsuits: An Introduction
When an at-fault driver’s negligence causes injury to a victim of a car accident, the injured party can file a personal injury suit to recover damages. Such damages include:
- Medical treatment (such as hospital stays, rehabilitation, surgical costs, and any medical care likely to be necessary in the future)
- Pain and suffering (occurring during and directly after the accident, as well as pain likely to be experienced in the future)
- Emotional distress caused by the accident (such as anxiety, fear, inability to sleep, and depression)
- Loss of enjoyment (including inability to enjoy previous activities, such as exercise and hobbies)
- Property damage to the vehicle involved
- Loss of consortium (including loss of companionship as a result of injury incurred in the accident)
In addition to these damages, an injured party may seek punitive damages when an at-fault driver’s behavior is grossly negligent or reprehensible. Such damages are not meant to compensate the injured party for a specific type of loss, but are instead meant to punish the at-fault party for his or her egregious behavior and deter such wrongful conduct from occurring again.
Don’t Hesitate—Let Us Help You Today!
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries as a result of a car accident and would like to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver to recover damages, we at the Lovely Law Firm are here to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. To schedule a case evaluation at no charge, please call (843) 839-4111.