Top 5 Ways to Ruin Your Myrtle Beach or Horry County Auto Accident Claim
When people are involved in an auto accident in Myrtle Beach or Horry County, what that person does or does not do immediately after the auto accident can greatly impact their auto accident claim.
Most drivers are not aware of what to do after an accident in which they are injured. This post will attempt to explain 5 common things, from a Myrtle Beach auto accident lawyer’s perspective, that can negatively impact your accident claim, and hopefully, after reading, you will have a better understanding of what not to do if an unfortunate auto accident occurs involving yourself or a loved one. There are probably several more but here are what we consider your top 5 ways to ruin your car wreck case.
- Failure to Get Treatment. Did you refuse EMS treatment at the scene because you thought you felt fine only to wake up the next day in pain from the auto accident? Did you follow each Doctor’s instructions after treatment? Always seek immediate medical attention if you are injured in an auto accident After treatment follow all of the doctor’s orders for subsequent treatments and instructions.
- Failure to Document Critical Evidence. Did you take pictures of the scene? Did you take pictures of your car as well as the at fault driver’s vehicle? Did you take pictures of yourself after the accident? Failing to take pictures and document the accident can negatively affect your claim. Always try and take as many pictures as possible. Even if you can’t take photos at the time if the auto accident try and take them as soon as possible afterwards.
- Identifying Witnesses of the Auto Accident. Did anybody see or hear the accident? If a witness was interviewed by the police working the accident scene he or she will be identified in his report, however, you should not rely solely on the investigating officer. Immediately try and remember or identify any potential witnesses to the accident as these people can help prove liability.
- Admitting Fault. I understand that right after an auto accident occurs in Myrtle Beach, most driver’s are potentially in shock from what just occurred. Even so, this is usually the time you are going to be questioned by police or the other driver. Admitting fault, apologizing, or offering too much information can ruin your case. Do not admit fault.
- Failing to Hire a Myrtle Beach or Horry County Auto Accident Lawyer. If you have committed the first four above, failing to consult and hire a Myrtle Beach auto accident attorney may be the nail in the coffin for your claim. As a Myrtle Beach auto accident lawyer, we can investigate your case, deal with insurance adjusters, make sure you are seeking the medical treatment you need, and most importantly, represent your interests to the fullest extent of the law. The auto accident lawyers at The Lovely Law Firm handle all auto accident related claims.
The accident lawyers can schedule a time for a free consultation with you to discuss your case. The attorneys handle all aspects of your auto accident claim from beginning until settlement or trial. If you have been injured in an auto accident in Myrtle Beach or Horry County, give the injury attorneys a call at 843-839-4111.