Car Accident Lawyer Near You in Murrells Inlet, SC
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, you may be wondering what to do next. It’s important to take certain steps immediately following the accident to protect your rights and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
First and foremost, if you or anyone else is injured in the accident, call 911 and seek medical attention right away. Even if you don’t think you’ve been seriously injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not show symptoms until days or even weeks later.
Once you’ve received medical attention, there are several other steps you should take:
- Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure to get the other driver’s name, contact information, insurance company and policy number. You should also write down the make, model and license plate number of the other driver’s car.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. If you have a smartphone with a camera, use it to take pictures of the damage to your car and the other car, as well as any skid marks or other visible damage on the road. These pictures can be used as evidence in your case.
- Call the police. Even if the accident was minor, it’s important to call the police and have a report filed. The police report can be used as evidence in your case and can help establish who was at fault for the accident.
- Contact your insurance company. You’ll need to notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Make sure to follow their procedures for filing a claim and be sure to keep a record of any conversations you have with them.
- Keep track of your expenses. If you’ve been injured in the accident, you’ll likely incur medical bills and other expenses as a result. Keep track of all of these expenses and save any receipts or documentation. You may be able to recover these costs through your insurance claim or through a personal injury lawsuit.
If you’re considering hiring a car accident attorney in Murrells Inlet, here are a few things you should look for:
- Experience and expertise. Look for an attorney who has experience handling car accident cases in South Carolina and who has a proven track record of success.
- Reputation. Look for an attorney who has a good reputation in the community and who is well-respected by their peers.
- Communication and accessibility. Choose an attorney who is easy to communicate with and who is willing to take the time to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Fees. Make sure to understand how the attorney will be paid and what their fees will be. Some attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means they’ll only be paid if they win your case.
or Call 843-281-7205
Check Out Our Video On How To Win Your Car Accident Claim in South Carolina
Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Near You Today!
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, it’s important to take action to protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. An experienced car accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Not in Murrells Inlet? We serve many areas in South Carolina. Get in touch with one of our experienced car accident lawyers in Myrtle Beach, car accident lawyers in Florence, car accident lawyers in North Charleston or, car accident lawyers in Columbia.
or Call 843-281-7205
See What Others Are Saying About Car Accident Lawyer in South Carolina
I have used The Lovely Law Firm for a car accident that occurred over the past year. Their services exceeded my expectations. Any time I needed them they were always available to help quickly and with a high level of professionalism. I am very grateful for the help. I would especially like to single out Allison Ferraro. She was my point person in the firm and expedited all aspects of my case superbly.
Ralph Perritano on Google
Check out our other Google reviews! We have a 4.9 rating across over 700+ reviews!